my form of play

"If you want to know what a child is, study his form of play; if you want to affect what
he’ll be, direct that form.” - Luther Gulick

I just caught Sparky trying on my high-heal boots. Ok, that is off-track from what I wanted to explore in this post.

The way I see it, adults are really just big children with a slight hight advantage. 

If someone analyzed how I play, what would they see? 
Photobucket
Well, for one thing, I hope that they would see me moving. 

"From the look of her play, I'd say she is a zombie."
Photobucket
I hope I would be with my family.

Preferably laughing and smiling.
Photobucket
Do you play anymore?

Photobucket
Did you know that a few Psychological studies at the University of Southern California show that woman don't have as much capacity for enjoyment as men. Crazy, right? I was baffled. The reasons: they tend to be more self-conscious, more self-centered, and more easily upset be trifles than men. 

I don't care if I look stupid in a swimming suit, I want my kids to remember I got in the pool.
Photobucket

"If you want to know what a child is, study his form of play; if you want to affect what he’ll be, direct that form.” - Luther Gulick

I am the director of my own form of play.

In the fist place, I am going to play. I am going to play confidently. Kindly. Peacefully, but with spunk. I am not going to get all huffy when things don't go exactly as planned. 

Because what I want to be is confident, kind, and peaceful. Energetic and forgiving. Full of life. 


The pictures are from a barbeque we went to over the past weekend. There is really nothing so splendid as playing as a family.

Comments