gweneth mae's growing.

if ever i need to access the therapeutic properties of gratitude i can think of our gweneth mae.
i count backwards through the years and look for the "how did we get here"s.
a string of celebrations brighter than twinkle lights. a pop-corn garland painstakingly put together.
i think thanks to the inspiring leaders, the encouraging friends, the skilled doctors. 
i think thanks to supportive family, especially my dear matthew who fought extra to bring her here. 
then i take a little bow and thank God for carrying me while i carried her.
coming back to the present i glance at her and giggles gather in my chest to flee my face.
i see her and she sees me and i can tell she wants me to pick her up more than she wants anything.
the way she looks at me is a prescription for joy in itself. 
gweneth mae's growing is going and going.

Comments