I've been reminded of my love for Public Transportation

Emily inspired me. I love her blog, and I especially love this post about how she "nerds out" on the metro. It reminded me of a post I wrote last February and posted on our private family blog, but never shared here at the pickle.

Here is that post:
(The context- I went to visit Duke for a weekend while he was on his 4-month internship in San Francisco, early this year. We spent our time there with no kiddos!)

***
The thing about CARS is... you're stuck. You can sort of look at the buildings, but there's never any parking, and it would make a lot of people mad if you decided just to stop a while to look at things closer.

Here we are on a BUS. We can get off any time we want to look at something. Plus, we get to hear about drug deals gone south from the guy sitting behind us. Look how happy we are!

Until. I spot a "Wicked" sign and get sad because all of the tickets are sold out.

I bet you'd enjoy the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transport). We did.
But then we started imagining that this guy had a bomb, and we sort of freaked ourselves out. He left his backpack on a seat and started heading for a door. I pointed it out to [Duke] and he told me to pick up my stuff and get ready to run. But then the guy looked at a map and walked back to his seat.


My favorite was the variety of Airport Transport including trams, escalators and moving sidewalks.









The JOY is in the JOURNEY.




***

That was a fun walk down memory lane! My hair really has grown! Woo!

Comments

Anonymous said…
ahh thanks for the shout out lady. i love the bart too. trains are just lovely :)