and then along came Tamsin

We set up our little camp near a pier and settled in to cook our tinfoil dinners. Soon we were surrounded by a flock of seagulls (not the band) who had come to eat the bread-crumbs a sweet, old man was scattering from above us on the wharf.

Tamsin didn't notice the man. She did, however, notice the plethora of birds swarming. She thought of this and a survival instinct enveloped her body.
Photobucket
She screamed and squawked like the cross between a dying rabbit's cry and a turkey's gobble.
Photobucket
She flapped her arms as if to say, "I am a bigger, scarier seagull, and this is my turf."
Photobucket
It was then that she noticed the old man on the pier.

I have never seen her turn so pink.

Mom and dad's laughter rang out across the beach.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
My family is crazy and I love them.

Comments

Laura said…
soak up some Oregonfun for me too.