A few thoughts and a doodle.

I was supposed to be taking notes, but I started doodling.
Photobucket
Duke said, when I sent him this picture, that I drew myself way too tall... All legs.

I told him that when he draws fantasy pictures about our future together, he is allowed to add extra muscles.

I don't actually see that happening, though, because it's not really his thing. I'm the daydreamer. I was imagining having three grown boys, and being slender and lovey-dovey with my husband.

Even though I was drawing, my ears were open to the messages given at our Church's General Conference. I have learned some really neat things this past few weeks that were solidified through the words of great men and women:

1. Being wealthy doesn't mean you have a huge house. Actually, you are more likely to find financial security living frugally, and with modesty. I really am loving the idea of making a tiny cottage my home-sweet-home, and saving diligently to help my children be successful in their endeavors.

2. Sometimes, our quest to know more spiritual things competes with the charge we have to apply the things we already know. This is true in my life now, as I find myself suddenly running faster than I have the strength.

3. Implementing the practice of righteous principles does not guarantee immediate family peace. Actually, getting rid of bad habits causes discomfort, which can detract from the general harmony of a home. I know that the promised blessings of obedience will come through diligence, and among those blessings is a heavenly peace, greater than a mere comfortable status quo.

Just a few thoughts, really.

I am thankful for the things that I learn through my experiences, though it's not always fun or easy to learn this way. I am thankful for the things I was taught in my youth.

And I love my family. Even the little baby boy kicking around in my belly. It will be fun to see if the picture I drew ends up looking anything like the little critter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
great doodles!