Through the monitor

Through the monitor each night I hear a squeaky, rhythmic thumb-sucking.
And an occasional growl to scare away any scary monsters.
Sometimes the silence is broken with indignant whining over stolen blankets or snuggle-toys.
But usually I awake to the sound of mischievous laughter from two partners in crime.
I giggle along. Then I think to myself that I can't wait until morning so I can join their grand adventures.
I lay in my bed listening, and I wish that their father could be at my side, laughing and scheming along with me.

He comes home, for keeps, on Sunday, after 15 long weeks. I feel like a giddy teenager at the prospect of a first kiss.

Who could ask for anything more?

Comments

I love this post! I am so excited for you guys!! Back together as a family!!! Have a great Christmas!!
Margaret said…
:)! I'm looking forward to when Riley and Beck are older and are friends. It's going to be fun!

Sunday will be here before you know it!
Oh my gosh! I loooooooove your new place!!!