Great, Grand

Magical. Splendid. Marvelous. Too marvelous for words.
My mother is at her happiest here in the kitchen with her sisters. Like I was saying; Magical. When family gathers hearts are filled, faces are lit, and bellies are stuffed.
Different generations combine and edify, helping one another grow.
Where family comes together, it is home. My Grandpa entered his 88th year this weekend, welcomed with surprise visits and embraces, warm greetings and applause.
The boys even made Great-Grandpa a scary, pet monster (though Sparky insists it is not scary enough).
My Grandfather's hallway, filled with old (and sometimes embarrassing) photographs of my youth, reminds me that I am so blessed to have a shared past.

And people in my life who love.

What a lovely way to spend valentine's day.

Comments