our "to do" list of children's books.

This lovely lady invited me to create a summer reading list. Huzzah for motivation to do something productive, like read!!!

I started compiling a list of the books I'd like to read this summer and I thought, "who am I kidding, with these crazy kids" so my list includes one short set of books for me to graze upon (that I've started and I would like to finish) and a dozen kid books that we plan to check out from the library to take on our sunny picnics. Here we go:

For me, The Monster Blood Tattoo books by D. M. Cornish

For us...

1. Looking For Atlantis by Colin Thompson
2. A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever by Marla Frazee
3. How I became a Pirate by David Shannon
4. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
5. What do you say, Dear? by Sesyle Joslin
6. The Selfish Crocodile by Faustin Charles
7. The Spider and the Fly by Mary Howitt
8. Seven Blind Mice by Ed Young
9. Ten, Nine, Eight by Molly Bang
10. Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type by Doreen Cronin
11. The Treasure by Uri Shulevitz
12. How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Mark Teague


I love these sorts of invitations to action! Thank you for thinking of me Miss Maryposa.

Comments

Rachel said…
Click, Clack, Moo is a GREAT book! I'll have to look into these other recommendations.
team cowan said…
LOVE that you're joining in on my friend Mary's summer reading group! She and I were together just the other night and got to chatting about how adorable you are. :)
Also, you said you wanted to know if I decided to start up the patches contest again... and I did. So you can head over (zkcowan.blogspot.com) to see the new offerings. I think we've got some good ones this round. Hopefully it'll pick up and people will realize what an awesome idea it really is. :)
prettybaby said…
great list... i'll have to go and see them with my nugget.
PB&J said…
Click, Clack, Moo is one of our favorites, can't wait to check out the rest. Your blog makes me happy. :)
Jessica said…
sounds liek a good list!
Laura said…
Please please please PLEASE put The Gruffalo on your list. You'll love it and so will the boys!