priceless.

I thought you may enjoy hearing how the first week of "Homebodies Anonymous" has played out.

Here it goes.
mini house-guests (ages 0-5)- 10
delicious communal meals- 4
kindred spirited women- 5
houses completely reorganized and cleaned- 1
shared dish-washing experiences- 1
smiles upon answering the door- 14
Lives touched- who really knows

We never can quite be sure of the outcomes of our simple acts of compassion and love. I know that as I carried load after load of children's items and women's clothing to a car from a friend's home that was in need of a clean and purge, that she was surely touched. But I couldn't possibly grasp who might be touched as we carried those items through the door of a women's crisis center.

Miraculous things happen when women combine and each home becomes an unofficial headquarters of the Relief Society.

And when kids see that sort of thing daily, well, like I was saying; we never can quite be sure the influence our seemingly plain efforts will have.
My calendar is beyond full. But so is my zeal in this endeavor.
Thank you, everyone who posted comments or sent me emails regarding my "Irons in the Fire" post.

I'm so glad to have you, my sisters.

Comments

prettybaby said…
you're awesome, i'm amazed at your drive and energy. xx
*Lesli* said…
I'm a Manager at a youth shelter, and I can tell you that many lives will be touched by your donations :)
Brieanna said…
I'm glad it's working out so well. I'm sure the boys love all the company.
Kat & Paul said…
i've been thinking a lot about the relief society lately and the potential there and how to reignite its true purpose in the hearts of the sisters. whats come to mind is the power of prayer. learning to pray for others together and learning to respond to the promptings we recieve....more thoughts on this..but too long for a comment! thanks for living out its true purpose.