Look Up.

When I take time to look up, I am usually still walking forward, with a time-constraint and specific destination.
But when I look up, I forget about the way my feet are hurting from the walk.
When I look up I see elegance and grandeur that would have literally and figuratively passed over my head.
Directing my eyes upward reminds me of the beauty of the earth and sky, and causes my heart to raise a hymn of sacred praise to my God.
At times I find myself so consumed in completing tasks, so intent on arriving at a given destination, that I forget entirely to seek the power that comes from looking heavenward.

If I walk right into you on the street one day, forgive me. I'll have been gazing into the firmament.

Comments

Mal Mecham said…
I love love love this. And I love how artistic your pictures are! Move to Utah and take pictures for me please! :)
Jessica said…
This is a really great idea :) to see your path above your normal eyelinee!
Anonymous said…
BEautiful!