These are a few of my favorite things...

Oscillating sprinklers, swim diapers, and red shorts.

Kids in their skivvies.

And best friends of all sorts.

Babies so proud when, to them, family sings.

These are a few of my favorite things.

Getting all drenched and then warm towels to cuddle.

Conspiring with sisters; soaking Duke in a huddle.

Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, siblings.

These are a few of my favorite things.

When the sun hides. Lonely yearnings. When I'm feeling sad.

I'll simply remember these favorite things.

And I know I will feel so glad.


I sing the original song so very often when I am down; I just had to make my own, all about my weekend. This Saturday was a perfect day to store up to bring out in a rainy moment.

Summer's official, by me at least!

Congratulations those of you who will be getting to keep your school-age children all to yourself for the whole season! I hope that you create the most wonderful memories together over the next few months before you have to pry yourself off of them to put them back on the school bus.

Comments

Brieanna said…
I had so much fun!!! You throw a great Birthday party.
Jessica said…
So cute! Love your version of the song!