what I think I'll do with this life I've been given.

I have been deciding this for a while now.

"In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

In the past I have felt incredibly guilty when I sit with the boys to watch a movie, thinking of all the things I could be catching up on. Lately though, I've been more focused on the teaching opportunities that present themselves when we are together, even if we're just snuggling in front of a screen, being guided in the moment to express love and discuss principles in a way they can understand.

Duke and I spoke last night of the home we are building, not physically so much as atmospherically (if that makes any sense). I guess the easiest way to describe it is that we've been concerned with the spirit of our home. We will not be able to shut out sorrows, disappointments, and negative influences completely from our children. But we do have a say when it comes to their home and the opportunities they have to grow within its walls.

In a wink they'll be off at school for most of the day. Then I will have all the time I can stand to scrub the walls and keep the laundry up (assuming I don't fill that time with other wonderful dream-living and time-giving). For now, while they are here in this safe-haven home, and while I have ample time with them, I think I'll spell out my love for them as simply as I can.

Now the trick is giving this time to them, and to my sweetheart, and to the weary neighbors in this world who come into my life. That's what I'm working on, with help from on high. And I've decided it will be what I'm always working on.

I daresay this will be a worthy life-work.

And It feels pretty nice to have a defined personal-purpose down in writing.

Comments

emily said…
really beautiful family shots.
alyssa said…
crazy for the individual outfits.
crazy in love for them.
TheUnSoccerMom said…
you have a beautiful outlook. :o)


I do have a technical question though... how do you get your pictures to show up in the size that they do. I have tried everything I know to do to get my picture size bigger... help please?
Natalie said…
Amen! You've figured out the secret to the universal motherhood quandry! It looks like you've got a rich, full life ahead.