courtship.

We're talking seasons here. Now is the season for collapsing into each others arms in fatigue each night after the kids go down. Now is the season for late-night talks about our feelings and hopes, or children and worries.

This season is important in the building of a multidimensional love. But I can't help missing the summers of life a little bit... can't help feeling like we've become a little boring... and too tired to spice it up, haha.

That's ok though. Because I love him. We're in it for forever. And summer's on its way again.

Do you ever like to look through pictures from your courtship and feel so giddy for your young selves?

Things were simpler, yes. But I always knew I wanted more than simple with the man I love. No trades for me, no sir. I'm right where I aught to be, beside the love of my whole life (even the tedious parts).

Comments

Jdaniels said…
Thank you for this! It's so rare to find couples that do believe that marriage is for life - for better or worse. Have a wonderful Valentines Day
team cowan said…
You always know just how to say it. And those pictures are adorable.
katrina hayes said…
Aww! Well spoken. ps, it was 65 degrees yesterday and our spirits all soared and it made me think of you.
emily said…
i totally agree... things were simpler but i wouldn't trade any of it. i too love looking through "vintage" dating photos...
Sarah said…
It's so fun to look back. I always make my husband tell me the story of us falling in love.. :) I loved looking at the pictures!