Big words, little people.

I teach the Primary children at our church, and can I say, it is a great blessing with many challenges. Today I had to explain one of the pillar beliefs of our faith... We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church (like in New Testament times), namely apostles, prophets, teachers, pastors (though we call them bishops today), evangelists (called patriarchs now), and so forth. {reference}

So the challenge is... these kids are age four. Or five, six, seven, etc., through eleven. Many of the older children have a great understanding of these things, having learned them from parents or other teachers. The little ones though... well, you can imagine how challenging it can be to teach such big words to such little people.

One word I taught them was "restoration." I gave them a piece of paper that said "gospel" and then I took it back. Then I gave it to them once more and explained it had been restored. I ripped that same paper (to audible gasps) and explained that as I put it back together I was restoring it.

And that's basically what Mormons believe in a nut shell; that the gospel of Jesus Christ in its fullness was taken from the earth after the death of His apostles of the New Testament and then was once again restored in entirety through a young boy in the early 1800s who was called to be the first of many prophets of the restored church.

I am a Mormon because I believe the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known to some as the Mormon church) is the Primitive Church of Christ restored in the Latter-days by the Savior himself, though the young boy, Joseph Smith.

And now you know a little more about the world I see and feel.

I am forever thankful for the sweet blessings that my membership in this church have brought to me and my family, especially the blessing of serving and teaching others.

I hope you are experiencing such joy and peace on your own path in life.

Much love,
Megan Marie

Comments