For you, my love.

You wake up with the kids each morning, feed them breakfast and get them settled, just so that I can get a little bit of extra sleep.

You do virtually all of the family's grocery shopping in what you could easily claim as your "down-time," since you know what a chore it is for me to take the kids during the day.

You want to give me everything, but you've learned how to tell me "no" sometimes, because you see the big-picture me and you know my weaknesses. You want me to be long-term happy.

You've changed as many, if not more diapers than I have.

You play the kid way, especially when I can't, letting them climb all over you and making an effort to get interested in what they're interested in.

You encourage me to take time away, and you don't complain about the responsibility. Ever.

You are a dad in all the best ways.

I read this article and thought "I am the luckiest woman alive" since you are the exact opposite from the men described throughout. You are everything I could ever hope for in the father of my children.

You are my companion, my mate, my true love.

Happy Father's Day, baby.

Comments