Tomorrow's forecast.

Each time we've had a baby, we've seen falling snow from our hospital window. Idaho February. Idaho June. Oregon December.

Tomorrow's forecast... BABY! I don't really know about the weather.

Happily, we're being induced. I can hardly walk for the shooting pains from pinched sciatic nerves. The doctor says that although I am not progressing at all in my labor and dilation, the baby is as low as possible and smashing me, causing all sorts of issues. Poor kid, I can only imagine how squashed he/she must feel!

The boys say with their words that they are thrilled and excited for their brother or sister. The boys say with their actions that they are nervous about their positions in the family. All day today we've been on the rivalry train. Usually they have so much love and concern for one another. Today we've had punching, tackling, one bloody lip, and a gazillion time-outs.

Yesterday in the car their fists started finding one another so we had to stop and take a breather. Happily we were close to the Portland LDS Temple and it was exactly the stop we needed. The peace there was so powerful that they immediately started speaking kindly and hugging one another. Once, in Idaho, we lived almost next door to a beautiful temple. I miss it. Yesterday, as we were driving away from the temple, the baby in my stomach started freaking out, almost like it wanted to jump out of me and stay there.

I can't say I blame the little darling. Hopefully we can offer such peace in our home...

But with all these boys (and soon-to-be sleep-deprived parents), it'll be easier dreamed than actualized.

We'll try our best, tiny one. Promise.

See you tomorrow, dear baby.

Comments

Teresa said…
I've been meaning to tell you how very handsome I think Sparky is becoming. I just love your family! And I am a day ahead of myself,as I've been waiting to hear your "boy or girl" news all morning. Tomorrow will be a beautiful day for having a sweet baby. My prayers, thoughts, and excitement are with you!
joolee said…
hooray!! all the best of luck to you and the little one! can't WAIT to see if it's a he or a she... :)
Hooorray!! I can't wait to see if it's a he or a she! Wishing the best delivery evah!
Whitney Lane said…
Yeaaah!!! SO excited for you guys! :)
Laura said…
I really dislike being induced except for the fact that I finally know when it's coming. It will be so nice once that baby's out and not squashing things. Here's wishing you a wonderful labor and delivery!
P.S. Don't you love how we use the word delivery --both as in "Speedy Delivery... here's your baby!" as well as us mothers being "Delivered" --like from bondage or something. Ha ha, Too true.
I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to hear all about it!! Hope everything goes perfect!
MaryPosa said…
I don't know if you got snow in Oregon this morning, but we got it here in Utah, and you know what? It made me think of you!! Hope all is going well!!
Dulapul cu vise said…
Happiest day! Hugs from far far away, to you and the baby :)