warm rain.

Often I feel like the "hard-stuff" goes on forever in a consistently crappy loop. Not so. Little details change, we just need to try to notice.

We've been walking two miles to drop kids off at school each weekday morning, rain or shine, for several months now. Come dawn I look outside and think (almost every morning) "Oh, great. It's raining again."

For a long while that was all I was seeing; the same trek set out before us. The same problem. The same trial to endure. Waiting all this time for a drastic shift in climate, I've failed to see the tiny glimmers of change.

The leaves on the trees are full and big now. They serve as giant umbrellas so that we only get wet about half of the time. The kids no longer cry about the walk. They're getting stronger and more patient. We've given up several layers of heavy jackets with gloves and hats. Small rain slickers will do now. About forty minutes of my day has been freed now that I don't have to weatherize a small army each morning.

Isn't that the way it goes? How can life possibly be the same for very long with so many dynamic variables? I choose to see progression.

I have to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time.

Comments