if you ask for a task...

a few weeks ago i was hit over the head with a beautiful address. i knew instantly what the man preached was good and that i should follow his advice...

so i started praying each day to be led to someone i could help.

and i'll be darned if our family hasn't been led to serve in ways that i never imagined.

most recently we we've been asked to take in a couple of dogs whose owner was hospitalized. they were left alone for many days and are so happy to be with people again. we'll probably have them for a month or so.

how blessed we are in this opportunity!

it's been an adjustment and sacrifice, to be sure. they're sort-of disgusting. but also really sweet.

this task came to us not by accident.

sometimes people say to me, "you're always stumbling into these things!"

and i smile and laugh and joke along, but i know it's because i ask for little mountains to climb. and Father places the right task in our path.

you, too can stumble into these things. maybe you feel a lack of purpose. a need for a greater cause. a desire nagging your gut.

pray for an opportunity and the right one will come to you.

strive to know the answer to that prayer when it comes to you.

and then make sure to love every second you spend tangled in the dog leash.

Comments

Ruhr Family said…
Megan, thank you for the wonderful reminder. To often I hear talks and think, "I should do that!" and then the thought never enters my mind again. I need this reminder, thank you.
Ruhr Family said…
Megan, thank you for the wonderful reminder. To often I hear talks and think, "I should do that!" and then the thought never enters my mind again. I need this reminder, thank you.
BAWC said…
Hi Megan,
Thank you for the beautiful testimony in your letter. I have been uplifted by you and your never-ending awesomeness. You are thd best.
April
BAWC said…
Hi Megan,
Thank you for the beautiful testimony in your letter. I have been uplifted by you and your never-ending awesomeness. You are thd best.
April