i wish i could type the sound that Evy makes when she sees a cat, but it's untypeable.

she's saying it right now as she sits here on my lap. she sounds german or french. and she's super excited. one time i googled pictures of kittens for her and she almost had a heart attack. she kissed the screen for like 10 minutes.
 photo _DSC6388_zps09cce5aa.jpg
last night her brother handed her an empty bag of popcorn and she was so mad that she passed out. not even kidding. it's funny now but it was scary then. she screamed all her air out in one, shrill cry and plopped over limp. finn and i were pretty much horrified. he was sitting on my lap at the time and in my panic i just pulled a floppy blue baby onto the poor guy. when she started breathing he sighed a huge sigh and said, "mom, i thought she died."
 photo _DSC6402_zps3fd287fd.jpg
needless to say, evy really likes popcon.
 photo _DSC6374_zps930e7a37.jpg
evy is the queen of snuggles. she brings me a blanket often and walks me over to the rocking chair. it's hard sometimes because she just wants me to be still and the three boys have taught me nothing but busy busy busy. i love that she's rounding me out. {figuratively and literally, with all of this snacking on popcorn and snuggling in a rocker.}
 photo _DSC6404_zpsaa228d1c.jpg
oh, how i love my little mama.

Comments

Laura said…
Oh my! Maybe I'll stick with boys. We had some friends who's baby girl would pass out like that. They learned that if they lifted her arms up over her head she would take a breath and thus they could prevent her from passing out. Good luck with that little queen bee. She sounds like a jewel.
Cody said…
Ohmygoodness! I berry that scared you so bad. My mom said thatwhen I was little I would Getty really mad, hold my breath until I turned blue, and then I would pass out. When she talked to the Dr. about it he said just to lay me down somewhere safe and when I realized it didn't accomplish what I wanted I would stop doing it. It must have worked because Scott has not mentioned me doing it lately =). I am convinced that there is never a full moment at your place and I love how different each of your kids are! You are a great mother! Thank you for your blog!
Cody said…
Ohmygoodness! I berry that scared you so bad. My mom said thatwhen I was little I would Getty really mad, hold my breath until I turned blue, and then I would pass out. When she talked to the Dr. about it he said just to lay me down somewhere safe and when I realized it didn't accomplish what I wanted I would stop doing it. It must have worked because Scott has not mentioned me doing it lately =). I am convinced that there is never a full moment at your place and I love how different each of your kids are! You are a great mother! Thank you for your blog!