the desire of every human soul

I'll admit it. I'm rusty on adventuring.

In the past couple years I've turned in my Indiana Jones fedora for a computer chair and mom jeans. This summer I'm planning to bring back the hat. I've taken the semester off of school with a few grand adventures in mind.
 photo march 2015 1 of 80_zpsheu80whu.jpg
In my heart, though, I know that there are really two main reasons that I feel pressed to put school aside until fall.
 photo march 2015 2 of 80_zpsdfxg116v.jpg
1. to be a better homemaker.
2. to let my children know that they are my most important priority.
 photo march 2015 6 of 80_zpszrus6jd1.jpg
"We need to take a term which is sometimes spoken of with derision and elevate it. It is the term homemaker. All of us—women, men, youth, and children, single or married—can work at being homemakers. We should “make our homes” places of order, refuge, holiness, and safety. Our homes should be places where the Spirit of the Lord is felt in rich abundance and where the scriptures and the gospel are studied, taught, and lived. What a difference it would make in the world if all people would see themselves as makers of righteous homes." - Bonnie L. Oscarson
 photo march 2015 3 of 80_zpszgqkjg1m.jpg
"Strong eternal families and Spirit-filled homes do not just happen. They take great effort, they take time, and they take each member of the family doing his or her part." -Cheryl A. Esplin
 photo march 2015 4 of 80_zpsl68nx0gj.jpg
 photo march 2015 5 of 80_zpskvnskhcn.jpg"We eagerly teach our children to aim high in this life. We want to make sure that our daughters know that they have the potential to achieve and be whatever they can imagine. We hope they will love learning, be educated, talented, and maybe even become the next Marie Curie or Eliza R. Snow. Do we also teach our sons and daughters there is no greater honor, no more elevated title, and no more important role in this life than that of mother or father? I would hope that as we encourage our children to reach for the very best in this life that we also teach them to honor and exalt the roles that mothers and fathers play in Heavenly Father’s plan." - Bonnie L. Oscarson
 photo march 2015 7 of 80_zpsjbqclbef.jpg photo march 2015 8 of 80_zpsd9ursykg.jpg"I feel like it could be easy in this world for a child to get the sense that being a parent is a secondary job or even sometimes a necessary inconvenience. I want every child to feel like they are the most important priority to their parent." -Abby Oscarson
 photo march 2015 9 of 80_zpskspy4kxu.jpg
I have watched my niece and nephews grow surrounded by such parental love and care. It is inspiring to me. There are so many parents who succeed at consistently placing their kids at the top of their lists. I think I could be doing better at that than I currently am.
 photo march 2015 10 of 80_zpst0l8ekwx.jpg photo march 2015 11 of 80_zpsp5vgtm1q.jpgGoing to school has been invigorating, challenging, strengthening, and inspiring. My children have become interested in human anatomy and physiology, chemistry, physics, international aid, earth science, and more. I trust that following the promptings to return to school, even with young children, has brought us great blessings, seen and unseen.  photo march 2015 12 of 80_zpsa8rqnkf6.jpgI also trust that the coming months and the break from my schooling will bring great blessings and growth to our family. We need the time to regroup and focus on the things that matter most. photo march 2015 13 of 80_zps6yfphh76.jpg
Two more quotes that fill my heart with purpose...
 photo march 2015 15 of 80_zpsm4dcjwho.jpg
"In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time. Taking time for each other is the key for harmony at home." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
 photo march 2015 16 of 80_zpsbo365zbv.jpg
 photo march 2015 17 of 80_zpsb8duvp2y.jpg
"Feeling the security and constancy of love from a spouse, a parent, or a child is a rich blessing. Such love nurtures and sustains faith in God. Such love is a source of strength and casts out fear (see 1 John 4:18). Such love is the desire of every human soul." -David A. Bednar

Comments