99 problems.

today someone on a bike called me stupid.

to be exact she said. "you. are. so. stupid."

i wondered when this world got to be like this.
 photo camp to post 1 of 52_zpscwhybycq.jpg
when did the trolling move curbside?
 photo camp to post 2 of 52_zps7rjord0w.jpg
i felt like running away from 'civilization.'

i felt like we could experience more courtesy in the woods.
 photo camp to post 3 of 52_zps9ldbxbgv.jpg
my kids were so confused. 'why did that lady call you stupid?'

it gets exhausting explaining people. justifying people. i try to help my kids understand other humans in kind ways, though sometimes i just want to say, 'because she's stupid.'

but i feel like the day i don't care anymore about understanding, the day it doesn't bother me or make me feel sad, is the day that i've totally given up on people.
 photo camp to post 4 of 52_zpsrp1jd35u.jpg
see, because that lady has no idea that i've already been feeling very inadequate. if she'd had any idea that i'm battling extremely negative self-talk these past few days... if she knew i was barely functioning between doses of dayquil and nyquil... if she knew me.

if she knew me i think she'd like me.
 photo camp to print 1 of 8_zps10kcdopt.jpg
so i just have to assume that if i knew her i think i'd like her, too. there's a whole story behind her backing her up.
 photo camp to post 8 of 52_zpsu0rpbuff.jpg
 photo camp to post 14 of 52_zpstjf5gtxl.jpg
 photo camp to post 16 of 52_zps10mvqnsy.jpg
not to say that changes anything.
 photo camp to post 17 of 52_zpsljeqqivs.jpg
it's still not fun to be surrounded by humans who seem to be getting less and less friendly.
 photo camp to post 18 of 52_zpszbccsovz.jpg
 photo camp to post 20 of 52_zpssutgpayi.jpg
i still want to run away and live in the woods.

just about the time i summon some gratitude for our city-living i get the wind knocked out of me.
 photo camp to post 23 of 52_zpsduamlbbl.jpg
 photo camp to print 5 of 8_zpsftm2bs5x.jpg
 photo camp to post 26 of 52_zpsdpx07u7u.jpg
last week we were hours away from drafting an offer on some lush, hilly, wooded land when we experienced a hesitation during a family prayer.

we'd gone out to the property to explore again, to think things through, and to pray for peace about the decision. we knelt together and bowed our heads through a slight drizzle.
 photo camp to post 27 of 52_zpsbrlmoqlf.jpg photo camp to post 29 of 52_zpstwowoc43.jpg photo camp to post 30 of 52_zpsbtaypeef.jpg
when we finished our prayer we all felt luke-warm about the prospect.

later finn expressed that he felt as if something else, something more right, was coming soon and that we needed to be patient.
 photo camp to post 31 of 52_zpsua5pxl4r.jpg photo camp to post 32 of 52_zpsaxdfilvw.jpg photo camp to post 24 of 52_zps117zheq3.jpg photo camp to print 6 of 8_zpsoicbjaxi.jpg
when finn tells you to be patient you know something is up.
 photo camp to post 34 of 52_zpstzo4lqr3.jpg photo camp to post 35 of 52_zpsqilugh7n.jpg photo camp to print 7 of 8_zpsey0enrb7.jpg
so i have a head full of ideas from zip lines to tree houses to shipping-container-actual-houses, and no where to bring them to life.

that has actually been super depressing.
 photo camp to post 38 of 52_zpsmnfrdjqa.jpg photo camp to post 39 of 52_zpsjhmqnecc.jpgthe kids ran in the house ahead of me announcing, 'someone called mom stupid!' so matt was waiting with open arms.

and i know he's thinking, 'that lady. is. so. stupid.' even though he doesn't say it out loud.

he doesn't ask me what i was doing or why she said that. he just holds onto me while i fall apart and my runny nose drips all over him. he gets me some more cough syrup and walks me to bed. he lays and listens as i tell him all the ways i'm inadequate.

then he says, 'you've got 99 problems but love ain't one.' photo camp to post 40 of 52_zpsjeelxe2d.jpg photo camp to post 42 of 52_zpsfusplut3.jpg photo camp to post 44 of 52_zpsw4xti9kh.jpg
i may not be patient.

or super-on-top-of-everything.

or clairvoyant.

i may not be the most-aware-sharer-of-the-road.
 photo camp to post 50 of 52_zpst8ck4nbl.jpg
 photo camp to post 51 of 52_zpspyuouvm3.jpg photo camp to post 52 of 52_zpstib5k8is.jpg photo camp to post 49 of 52_zpsrrubk4qp.jpg
but my family loves me anyway.

Comments

Alycia said…
I ride a bicycle in my city and the only time I say mean things is when I think my life is really in danger. I am sorry this happened to you and you can take it with a grain of salt, but I don't think this woman meant it personally. We all need to be more careful on the road.