rich connection.

Just yesterday I thought, "we've forgotten how to do holidays right." I thought, "I don't think I'm very fun." And "It's hard to make meaningful memories." Though here I see photos of a thoughtful Easter. I see care and consideration in choosing an Easter surprise for the kids to find in the morning.  photo dec 2018 photo bomb 19 of 434_zpshw9bipd4.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 20 of 434_zpspolncbip.jpg
I see meaning and fun. What is a holiday done "right" anyway?
 photo dec 2018 photo bomb 21 of 434_zpsdltjihhf.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 23 of 434_zpsunjgwdbd.jpg
Here I see a rich connection between the state of my heart and the outward expression through celebration. My heart with my children and teaching them scripture stories. I love them and want them to find joy in this life.
 photo dec 2018 photo bomb 24 of 434_zpsm6unxijl.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 25 of 434_zpsfzfqkdnh.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 26 of 434_zps3ruxytzc.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 27 of 434_zpsucunsypm.jpg
My heart is also with my family.
 photo dec 2018 photo bomb 29 of 434_zpsxmsfb9rs.jpg
This Easter there were no new fancy dresses or pretty baskets. Grocery bags and grubby clothes for us.
 photo dec 2018 photo bomb 30 of 434_zpskui8faie.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 31 of 434_zpsi3tvyx4v.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 32 of 434_zpswgv7wzdi.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 33 of 434_zpsulj7bnkj.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 34 of 434_zpsvdkpr2l7.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 35 of 434_zpsjktt2vwq.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 36 of 434_zpsyfw4y8my.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 37 of 434_zpsdrknnahv.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 39 of 434_zpsd8hwrgpc.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 40 of 434_zpso3d3cqen.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 41 of 434_zpsvqxyhiwt.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 42 of 434_zps0alzj5ye.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 43 of 434_zpslcvv3pou.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 44 of 434_zpsumpebd9g.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 45 of 434_zpstwg7pr81.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 46 of 434_zps0hoahmm5.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 47 of 434_zpsf8ek09hp.jpg
And candy magic thanks to Aunt Katie.
 photo dec 2018 photo bomb 48 of 434_zpsrrupneaf.jpg photo dec 2018 photo bomb 49 of 434_zpswgsfvkuq.jpg
We are just about half-way through our years with children at home. We've been going for 11 (nearly 12) and we've probably got 11(nearly 12) to go. It's occurred to me that we're somersaulting downhill in a busy mess. And my best effort to make it a special type of tumble feels futile. Like tying pretty bows on the tails of stampeding buffalo.
 photo dec 2018 photo bomb 50 of 434_zpsmej5resj.jpg
"It could be fun though."

Comments