Brilliant


 When you read the following feel free to laugh at my proud parent perception. I'm compelled by some mystic force to record this ridiculous musing!

Gwen is about to be 4 months old and I swear she speaks. Since birth she's had a specific hungry cry, "Nay-Nay," to communicate her needs. This video from July 20th is a little clip of what her little plea sounds like... 



Matt has been claiming, "she says HI back to me sometimes," and I really didn't believe him until yesterday when she awoke from napping in her buggy at the park. I picked her up and asked Evy to come say HI because Gwen seemed disoriented. Evy said HI and Gwen replied "HI" in a drawn out, intentional sort of way. 

Last night she was laying quietly on my lap while we watched Castaway. After a long stretch of silence from both Gwen and the movie Tom Hanks shouted and Gwen turned her head toward the screen, mimicking his shout. It was so clearly an imitation that she had us in fits of giggles.

Then this morning Matt held his hand up to wave at her, opening and closing his fingers and she mirrored his motion. 

So I'm sure you may be thinking, "yeah right," since I go back and forth myself. But really, what's the harm in believing a baby to be brilliant?

Comments

GrandmaGlo said…
I think that all of the Riley children are extremely bight. She will definitely be the very verbal one. Well, another one. She comes from a long lime of strong women and she will fit nicely in the club.