33 to go. And a very happy birthday.

It wasn't exactly a picnic, in the way one might imagine. No sandwiches or gingham, and I didn't see any ants. Just butterfinger candies, peach-rings, and our beverage of choice- cherry limeade. Not to mention the greatest company I could imagine.
Photobucket

I felt the need to redeem myself from my tragic attempt at birthday festivities. Yes, this is a hostess cupcake with 30 candles.
Photobucket

The most phenomenal daddy in the world, though quite satisfied with my pathetic attempt of a celebration, deserves much more.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I'm not a big baker. Or a champion gift-maker.
Photobucket

But I know all his favorite treats. And colors.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And, boy, do I love this man.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And for some crazy reason that I can't understand, he loves me back.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Loving. Kind. Compassionate. Hilarious. Accommodating. Gorgeous. Patient. Faithful. Thoughtful. Wise. Humble. Exciting. Huggable. Diligent. Hands off, he's mine.
Photobucket

Happy Birthday, Duke. I love you, to infinity and beyond.

p.s. our picnic for daddy was on our summer live list

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love the baby open mouth kiss! so funny :)
picnics are the best aren't they? what a cute family you have. so are you having another boy? i have 3 boys myself and i have to say that it is the best! i agree with emily about the baby kiss, so cute.
Laura said…
These pictures are precious, Megs. I'm dying because I'm not there to witness it all first hand. Really dying.

And you're not a champion gift maker? Freakin Liar! haha!