my sister the showgirl.

Thank you local high school for moving the Spring musical up so that we could enjoy a "White Christmas" in Oregon!

My sister played a totally ridiculous (slash promiscuous) showgirl and female lead dancer.

Oh my heck, it was fun.

Did you know that I have the best husband in the world? You can spot him standing in a very slow-moving line during intermission to get Sparky and I cookies while we goofed around.

Did you know that my sister is nearly 18 and she's still never had a first kiss (if you don't count the stage kiss a while back)?

So watching her play this part was so delightfully shocking! I loved every second.

We sat in the fifth row back, which happened to be the row that was magically snowed-on in the closing scene. I was taking photos and saw the flakes through my lens. Having no peripheral vision with my eye glued to the viewfinder, I became both confused and joyous when I thought it was really snowing (like with real snow) everywhere, on everyone.

And Tamsin was the one playing the ditz. Haha.

Did you know that I'm really going to miss my sister when she graduates and moves (probably to Utah) in the coming year?


I bet you could have guessed I'd miss her.

Hooray for family. For Christmas. For Theater. For cookies. For cameras. For opportunities to be merry.

Comments

Carlito86 said…
Sounds like it was a great show, you and your sister look so alike!

Carla xx
Kimi Price said…
How many guys did YOU kiss before you were 18? Now I'm really curious. :)
Megan Marie said…
haha, i didn't even think about how silly that would sound. there are lots of people who've never been kissed before they're 18! duh! to satisfy your curiosity, i'll tell you i had my first kiss a couple of months away from my 16th birthday. in the two years following i broke three more hearts (not including my own). so there you have it! four boys.
Laura said…
Utah? Not Idaho? I wish I could have seen her, I bet she rocked that show.
Natalie said…
I used to LOVE watching my talented younger sibs in their leading rolls in musicals. I had a Mrs. Peterson sister, a Dolly sister (as in "Hello"), a Lil Abner brother, a Dorcas sister, and many other fun rolls. They all had the guts to sing and dance - unlike me. I would die if I had to sing/dance/act. I prefer to play in the orchestra pits or appreciate from the audience. I'm sure Tamsin did a great job.
Natalie said…
I used to LOVE watching my talented younger sibs in their leading rolls in musicals. I had a Mrs. Peterson sister, a Dolly sister (as in "Hello"), a Lil Abner brother, a Dorcas sister, and many other fun rolls. They all had the guts to sing and dance - unlike me. I would die if I had to sing/dance/act. I prefer to play in the orchestra pits or appreciate from the audience. I'm sure Tamsin did a great job.